Opportunity Class Tutoring
Give them the future they deserve
Global Education Academy provides specialised tutoring for entrance into a Opportunity Class
What makes our program successful
- The only research-based learning centre (Cognitive Load Theory)
- Program developed by the founder – Dr Majeda Awawdeh (previously managed ICAS exams at UNSW)
- Fully qualified educators with many years’ experience
- Specialised small groups
- multiple mock tests followed by constructive feedback
Opportunity Class Program
- Duration: 25 sessions including an intensive holiday course
- Start: Term 1 Year 4
- Hours: 4 Hours per week; 2 hours of English, writing and GA + 2 hours of Maths and GA
- Includes: 5 mock tests (1 hour each)
GEA has years of proven results preparing students for the opportunity class placement test.
GEA is a research-based learning centre where teaching for understanding leads to independent learners. Our courses follow a structured design using Cognitive Load Theory. The OC program is planned to include the three areas that are assessed: English, Mathematics and General Ability. Our OC course enhances students’ performance across these disciplines. In addition, it includes reasoning, problem-solving, exam strategies, extended vocabulary, extensive general ability and time management and cognitive load management.
These OC classes in government schools in NSW cater for academically gifted and talented children in Years 5 and 6. They provide a rich and intellectually stimulating educational environment. Students who wish to be placed in OC in Year 5 need to sit the test in Year 4.
The entry into OC is determined by two factors:
- 1) Students’ results in the OC Test English (reading comprehension), Mathematics and General Ability
- ) Students’ school’s assessment of their performance in English and Mathematics in Year 4 and Year 3 performance and NAPLAN.
Global Education Academy encourages students to start their preparation as early as possible to improve their school results and enhance their skills, in addition to the actual preparation for the OC Placement Test.
What the OC Placement Test involves:
There are two parts (Part 1 and Part 2) to the test each comprising multiple-choice questions in:
- English (total 20 questions)
- Mathematics (total 20 questions)
- General Ability (total 30 questions)
The two parts are not discrete. Each part’s duration is 30 minutes. Each part includes 10 questions of Mathematics, 10 questions in English and 15 questions of General Ability.
Sessions at Global Education Academy are conducted in a supportive, friendly and engaging learning environment where the academic development of each student comes first. We offer our students many hours of extra support.
How close are you to unlocking your child’s full potential?
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT
Our Students Receive
Not only do we guarantee improvement but your child will be confident, passionate and engaged.
Consistent feedback from beginning to end. 2-way communication stream to unlock, reach and expand your child's full potential with life-long skills.
Expertise You Can Trust
A team of qualifed, experienced and passionate teachers. With over 1000 years of combined experience.
GEA Course Materials
Each term, students receive a GEA book that is mapped to the syllabus and based on proven research.
Proven Teaching Methodology
Our 5 C-Method is specifically developed to unlock your child's true potential.
MULTI AWARD WINNER
2017 National Winner - Australian Business Champion Awards
2017 Best Children's Educational Services Award
2017 Winner Local Business Awards
2016 Winner Local Business Awards