Give them the future they deserve
Global Education Academy provides tutoring to Kindegarten students in literacy and numeracy.
What makes our program successful
- The only research-based learning centre (Cognitive Load Theory)
- Program developed by the founder – Dr Majeda Awawdeh (previously managed ICAS exams at UNSW)
- Fully qualified educators with many years’ experience
- Specialised small groups
Starting formal schooling is a crucial transition for your child. Give your child the best possible start in kindergarten that ensures that he or she becomes a happy and confident learner. Global Education Academy can prepare your child by offering targeted kindergarten tutoring as well as specialised assessment in all areas of literacy and numeracy.
The kindergarten assessments available for your child
Assessment is a key component in determining an entry point for any intervention at any stage in a child’s learning.
This is particularly important for kindergarten children so that their program is specifically designed to meet their individual needs.
The assessments are:
1) The Early Learning Profile- these are prerequisite reading skills, phonemic knowledge and processing, segmenting and blending skills, sight word acquisition and oral reading fluency.
2) Preparation for the kindergarten assessment program (Best Start) in all areas of literacy.
Following the assessment your child’s outcomes will be measured on a regular basis through a value-added approach. This means that we specifically determine the skills your child has learned in any given time frame and target the skills that are yet to be learned and improved.
This carefully structured early learning program provides young children with the foundation skills to be competent and confident in their learning at school. It provides the base-line skills in reading, writing, spelling and grammar. These elements are integrated into a combined literacy and numeracy session, including:
- Phonemic knowledge
- Phonological processing
- Sight word acquisition
- Vocabulary builder
- Oral reading fluency
- Reading comprehension at the visual and factual level
- Early writing constructs
- Number Skills
- Constructing and Partitioning Numbers
- Navigation and Spatial Concepts
The course is structured for 4 terms of 10 weeks each. Students attend either one class of 60 minutes or two classes of 60 minutes once a week.
Each term students receive a GEA book that is mapped to the syllabus and written based on Cognitive Load Theory.
In week 9 of each term students are assessed to measure their progress. Full feedback is given to students. Parents receive a comprehensive report of their child’s progress. Week 10 is the consolidation week.
OUR STORY IN 2 MINUTES
MULTI AWARD WINNER
2017 National Winner - Australian Business Champion Awards
2017 Best Children's Educational Services Award
2017 Winner Local Business Awards
2016 Winner Local Business Awards