Give them the future they deserve
Global Education Academy provides tutoring to Year 1 students in literacy and numeracy.
What makes our program successful
- The only research-based learning centre (Cognitive Load Theory)
- Program developed by the founder – Dr Majeda Awawdeh (previously managed ICAS exams at UNSW)
- Fully qualified educators with many years’ experience
- Specialised small groups
It is never too early to give your child the best start. Our program includes creative and fun activities designed by our experienced teachers and based on Cognitive Load Theory. It encourages children to develop their thinking skills so they become independent learners.
The sessions integrate literacy and numeracy including focused units of work in the following key learning areas:
- Oral reading fluency
- Spelling constructs and spelling strategies
- Decoding skills
- Building vocabulary and sight word recognition
- Grammatical constructs and syntax development
- Reading comprehension at the literal level
- Writing skills
- Number Skills
- Constructing and Partitioning Numbers
- Space and Geometry
The course is structured for 4 terms of 10 weeks each. Students attend a 2 hour class once a week.
Each term students receive a GEA book that is mapped to the syllabus and written based on Cognitive Load Theory.
In week 9 of each term students are assessed to measure their progress. Full feedback is given to students. Parents receive a comprehensive report of their child’s progress. Week 10 is the consolidation week.
OUR STORY IN 2 MINUTES
MULTI AWARD WINNER
2017 National Winner - Australian Business Champion Awards
2017 Best Children's Educational Services Award
2017 Winner Local Business Awards
2016 Winner Local Business Awards