What makes our program successful
- The only research-based learning centre (Cognitive Load Theory)
- Program developed by the founder – Dr Majeda Awawdeh (previously managed ICAS exams at UNSW)
- Fully qualified educators with many years of experience
- Specialised small groups
- Multiple mock tests followed by constructive feedback
Want to find out if your child has the potential to get into a selective school or obtain a scholarship for a private school?
Global Education Academy believes that most students have the potential to improve if they are taught properly. Many children have an untapped potential and an amazing ability to learn and excel, but are yet to be discovered.
To help you decide, GEA offers a benchmark assessment for students who are looking to sit the test for selective high schools or scholarships.
At Global Education Academy, we equip students with the skills and the knowledge required to sit scholarship tests, entry tests for private schools and other similar tests.
Schools use scholarship tests to determine the academic performance of students. Based on the test results, schools may decide to offer a full or a partial scholarship to cover the cost of tuition fees.
Most of these tests examine four key subject areas, including English, Mathematics, General Ability and Written Expression.
At GEA we prepare students to sit the exams. The recommended program is similar to our Selective Test Preparation Course. In this program students are taught all the components needed to excel in the test.
ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) or private provider Scholarship Tests
Some non-government schools use the ACER or private provider test as an entry exam or to gain a scholarship for the school. There are two ways to sit for the test.
- Cooperative– the test date is determined by ACER. Usually around February/March (2017 test date was 25 February). Students may register with several schools (you need to contact the school to check the dates and the application forms). The test results for each student will be sent to all schools with which the student registered. Keep in mind that each school will charge for registration fees.
- Alternate– the date is selected by the school.
In both cases, the test is written, supervised, marked and results are sent to schools by ACER or private provider.
The test is has 4 levels
- Primary – Current Year 3/4/5
- Secondary level 1 – Current Year 6/7
- Secondary Level 2 – Current Year 8/9
- Secondary Level 3 – Current Year 10/11
Primary Level – Consists of 3 sections:
Secondary Level (Level 1, 2, and 3) – Consists of 4 tests
Secondary Level 1
Secondary Level 2 & 3
On individual requests, GEA offers training for interviews.
OUR STORY IN 2 MINUTES